Monday, June 13, 2011

Harvest Monday June 13th 2011

We hit our first milestone this week. Thanks to this weeks harvest we've passed the 1lb mark for the season! The name of the game this week was variety! Here is the single biggest harvest of the past week which included a little more kale, chives, parsley, green garlic, and even a few flowers!
What we harvested:
Chives 1.20 oz
Green Garlic 2.10 oz
Kale 2.55 oz
Parsley .80 oz
Radish 2.25 oz
Total for the week: 8.90 oz
Total for the season: 1.184lbs (18.95 oz)

This time last year we had harvested half of what we've had this year, but far more salad greens. What a difference a year makes!

We've had a few days of rain so I haven't had a chance to do much in the garden, but I'm sure I will have lots of weeding and harvesting in the coming weeks!

If you want to see what other's are harvesting or share in your own bounty, stop by Daphne's Dandelions the home of Harvest Monday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Flowers are a nice added harvest bonus!!

Daphne Gould said...

At my last garden I picked a lot of flowers to bring in. I just don't have the same border of flowers that I had before. I miss it.

thyme2garden said...

congrats on hitting your first milestone! Every one of those counts, especially in the beginning when you only have greens to work with, you know? Looking forward to seeing what you're growing in the garden this year!