Monday, August 1, 2011

Harvest Monday August 1st 2011

Peppers. A plethora of peppers is what we got for this weeks harvest. Along with a basket of dry (finally!) garlic and one more Cherokee Purple tomato! Still waiting on a Striped Roma but I have a feeling they will all come at once! You can see the garlic along with the bell pepper and the Cherokee Purple I brought home on Wednesday. More peppers came on Friday(see picture below) and on Sunday we brought another 6 Jalapeno's home, along with a container full of huckleberries!
Here's what we harvested this week:
Garlic(dry): 7.25 oz
Huckleberry: 11.10 oz
Pepper (Bell): 4.95 oz
Pepper (Cubanelle): 4.20 oz
Pepper (Gypsy): 3.40 oz
Pepper (Jalapeno): 4.70 oz
Pepper (Wax): 3.05 oz
Tomato: 5.90 oz
This week's total: 2.78 lbs (44.55 oz)
Total for the season: 12.65 lbs (202.40 oz)

If you want to see what others are harvesting or share in your own bounty visit Daphne's Dandelions the home of Harvest Monday!


Ben Czajkowski said...

That Cubanelle and those garlic bulbs look like they would go great together, in something. Delicious looking harvest :)

Daphne said...

I look at your harvest and my mind goes to salsa. I need to get my garlic in from my shed this week.

Sherry said...

Daphne gives good suggestions! Salsa sounds great. I like the different kinds of pepper you have!