Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Plethora of Peppers

We've been treated to a plethora of peppers this week!! Wednesday I came home with a nice variety - At least one of every pepper I've got growing except Jalapeno! From Left to Right in the below picture: Bell Pepper, Hungarian Wax Pepper, Cubanelle, & a Gypsy Pepper. With the first striped roma of the season in the front:
2 days later I came back from the garden with a bigger pile of peppers. Temperatures were less humid and dropping enough that I thought it would be good to bring home more of all my peppers, including 8 Jalapenos!
If it were a little hotter for a few more weeks some of the cubanelle's and bell's would finish off nicely, but they still taste great when they are green!

1 comment:

Daphne Gould said...

My bells still haven't turned. I don't like green bell peppers, so I'm patiently waiting. Or impatiently waiting as the case may be.