Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Busy Garden Weekend!

Lot's of work was done at the garden this weekend. Gail managed to weed and thin most of the overgrowth around our plot, making things look much cleaner! We also weeded all of the beds, lay wood chips in the paths around the beds, planted cucumbers (and erected a cucumber trellis), planted zucchini, started to hill up the potatoes, added some soil to the leeks, thin our beets, transplanted our new moonflowers, and transplanted 2 of our broccoli's to give them more space.
Here are some shots of our progress:



Also, a picture of a garden visitor I manged to snap. We had quite a few ladybugs, bee's, and a few butterflies stop by, however this was the only decent picture I was able to snap:

Busy non-gardening week and the potential for a good amount of rain this coming week so my posts may be limited.

2 comments:

Annie*s Granny said...

You were busy! It shows, too. Your garden is coming right along, and it's nice to hear the bees, ladybugs and butterflies are enjoying it. I've had a lot of bees visiting my garden this spring, but I've only seen one ladybug and no butterflies.

Anonymous said...

Looks great!