Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tomato and Pepper Watch!

July has been great for the tomato's and pepper in the garden. After a June that featured seemingly endless rains and not many warm days July has been hot and humid!
As a result the tomatoes and peppers have been making their presence known. Here's a few pics I snapped last week:
The cubanelle's pictured above are coming on strong. 3 plants and at least 15 peppers already!

This Cherokee Purple is by far the biggest tomato I have so far. The plant its on is a little weak but this tomato is looking mighty fine!
Lastly, the Striped Roma's aren't nearly as big as the Cherokee's but there are a lot more of them.
It doesn't seem like this years tomato and pepper conditions are as good as last year, but that is fine, I am happy for each and every harvest and the experience of nurturing the plants and enjoying the bounty!


Daphne said...

It looks like it won't be long before you are bringing in the tomatoes and peppers. I might be picking my first peppers soon too.

Robin said...

That Cherokee Purple looks like it about ready to turn!! I think that summer has arrived in your garden!