Thursday, November 3, 2011

Quick Bite Done Right!

I was tasked with cooking dinner for myself on Tuesday night. I am fortunate enough to work from home twice a week which affords me the opportunity to tidy up, do laundry, and work on cooking projects.  After a busy day of work and laundry, I found myself standing in the kitchen alone, waiting on another kitchen project without a strong desire to cook anything to complicated.
With a quick bite in  mind I whipped up some mini-sandwiches & kale chips for a fast and relatively easy dinner on the go.
quick bites done right.
The mini-sandwiches are made with leftover feather bread, Smith's Farmstead garlic gouda, turkey kielbasa from Bob's, wax peppers from the garden which I had frozen in strips, and homemade horseradish mayo, with the leftover horseradish mayo topping the kale chips.

Not too shabby for a hastily thrown together dinner for 1!

No comments: